Company Name: Kpmg
Job Type: Full Time
KPMG is a professional service company, being one of the Big Four auditors, along with Deloitte, EY and PwC. Seated in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, KPMG employs 174,000 people and has three lines of services: audit, tax, and advisory.Job Summary
KPMG is a global network of professional services firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services, with an industry focus. Our purpose is to inspire confidence and empower change. We have a notable ‘Africa Footprint’ serving clients across the continent. Our East Africa practice comprises Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Rwanda. The Nairobi office serves as the regional coordinating office providing the required networking to facilitate delivery of services on a timely basis to meet and exceed our clients’ expectations.Key roles and responsibilities
- Overseeing direct and indirect tax advisory and compliance engagements.
- Handling tax audits and investigations, including objections and appeals.
- Overseeing and providing guidance to teams on multiple engagements.
- Following up with the revenue authority on client issues.
- Acting as the liaison with the clients and regulators.
- Preparing briefs and alerts on current tax developments and changes in tax legislation.
- Developing and growing team members.
- Proactively identifying opportunities for business development.
Qualifications and Experience
- CPA (K), ACCA, or equivalent professional qualification.
- A bachelors’ degree in commerce, law, or related discipline.
- 7 years’ experience with a minimum of two years in a similar senior position preferably in a professional firm.
- Thorough knowledge of Kenyan tax laws and practices.
- Excellent time management and project management skills.
- High professional standards.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
Skills and attributes:
- Good communication skills both written and oral.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Thrive under pressure and fast pace while delivering high quality deliverables.
- A self-driven and result oriented individual able to work with minimum supervision.
- Be able to effectively support all aspects of engagement delivery end-to-end.
- Open minded and curious about tax and regulatory developments globally.
- Excellent business writing skills.
- A high standard of integrity.
- Exciting unparalleled exposure to tax technical skills, competencies and tools.
- Continuous learning and development.
- Exposure to multi-disciplinary client service teams.
- Unrivalled space to grow and be innovative.