Company Name: Kenya Revenue Authority (kra)
Job Type: Full Time
The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) was established by an Act of Parliament, Chapter 469 of the laws of Kenya , which became effective on 1st July 1995 . The Authority is charged with the responsibility of collecting revenue on behalf of the Government of Kenya. A Board of Directors, consisting of both public and private sector experts, makes policy decisions to be implemented by KRA Management. The Chairman of the Board is appointed by the President of the Republic of Kenya . The Chief Executive of the Authority is the Commissioner General who is appointed by the Minister for Finance. PURPOSE OF KRA Assessment , Collection, Administration and Enforcement of laws relating to revenue.
Department: Corporate Support Services
Division: Information and Communication Technology
Location / Work Station: Nairobi
- This role is responsible for conducting performance testing, User Acceptance Testing, Regression Testing and other required test and recommend for production deployment.
- Conduct user acceptance testing with all relevant stakeholders to evaluate that delivered solutions are fit for use and purpose
- Conduct load, stress and performance testing for to identify defects and areas of improvement.
- Conduct regression tests to ascertain that identified issues or bugs have been resolved and new defects are not introduced
- Conduct smoke tests on environments prior to test exercise to validate readiness for user acceptance testing, readiness of the test environment and recommend remedial measures to address gaps or deviations observed
- Develop test strategy and ensure that the test cases conform to established software testing standards
- Ensure that documented defects are articulated according to testing standards.
- Define and document approach for test data generation for testing assignments while ensuring data security.
- Document results of completed testing assignments in consultation with test team. Define test environment parameters and requirements to facilitate setup of the environment by system and database administrators.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field from a recognized institution.
- Must have at least one of the following certifications or training in ISTQB CTFL /CISA / Automated Testing/ application development certification
Relevant Work Experience
- At least 3 years related software quality assurance work experience or a similar role in a large or busy organization.
Technical Skills Required
- Excellent understanding of Test Automation using UFT tool or any other recognized tool in the market for Web and mobile technologies
- Rational analysis & logical thinking
- Experience in test planning and documentation/reporting
- Experience in providing testing support within large or busy organization.
- Ability to adapt and work in a high performance, dynamic environment
- Experience in Application development
- Experience in system database management
- People management skills
- Risk management and analysis
- Change management
- Results driven and analytical
- Strong decision-making skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Tax business understanding