Job Type: Full Time
Required Experience: 5 years
Company Name: Victory Farms Ltd
Job Level: Mid level
Education Level: Unspecified
Valid Until: 27th December 2019
Industry: Agriculture, Fishing & Forestry
Victory Farms is recruiting a Security Supervisor to perform an array of security functions.
Reports to: Security Manager
Start Date: Immediate.
This is an opportunity to help shape the development of an organization that aims to be a sustainable leader in large scale aquaculture production. Professionally, you would be joining a business with ever-growing opportunities and responsibilities, providing a profound exposure to high-growth business environment.
Come join us at Victory Farms as a Security supervisor.
- Ensure Safety and protection of company property and stakeholders including but not limited to employees, customers, and suppliers at all times.
- Conduct security checks in collaboration with the security manager.
- Record all daily incidences and accidents in the security occurrence book as well as on the adopted platform and submit to superiors for review.
- Conduct inspections on a regular basis to determine need and extent of service on equipment and systems related to safety & security.
- Supervise internal and external movements on material.
- Verify all security equipment’s that are used by the security personnel and offices and ensure they are in good working condition.
- Ensure that evacuation procedures and training is adhered to by security personnel in appointed location at all time.
- Report gaps identified that might present theft of company properties.
- Work closely with local law enforcement institutions to gather information of any security risks to the farm.
- Work with local Beach Management Units as well as local police stations.
- Monthly evaluation of guards, team leaders and foreman.
- Guarding, People management, Risk analysis, Security operations, Entry control, Security systems monitoring.
- A good communicator, able to implement the organization’s security remit and ensure that this is understood by the team
- Must have a 5 years’ relevant job experience in managing several security teams
- Supervisory skills are a must.
- Training and Development skills for guards.
- Certificate of Good Conduct and recommendation letters from previous employers.
- National Police/Military training, an added advantage
About Victory Farms.
Victory Farms aims to become the leading tilapia farm in Africa over the next 5 years while maintaining the highest environmental and social standards. We endeavor to be the most sustainable tilapia farm in the world, adhering to global standards and best practices, and producing affordable, sustainable protein to feeding millions of people across the Africa.
VF is the fastest growing aquaculture business on the continent and the largest producer of Tilapia in East Africa. The company is rapidly expanding its vertically integrated model: production, processing, and sales & distribution to keep pace with the rapid growth in demand for protein. Victory Farms is employing world-class technologies, people, and processes to build a model for sustainable protein production on the continent. The Company strives for the highest standards in performance, execution, culture, and integrity.
Victory Farms was established on Lake Victoria in 2015 with both on-shore and off-shore facilities. The head office is in Nairobi, and its farm site is in Homa Bay County, and distribution across Kenya. Since inception, Victory Farms has become one of the fastest growing companies in aquaculture globally. In its first eight months of operation, the Company became the largest aquaculture producer in Kenya. Today, it is the largest aquaculture player in East Africa and operates one of largest hatcheries on the continent.
VF’s growth trajectory provides enormous opportunity for excited professional to uplift their careers and make an impact within a diverse operation. We recognize the utmost importance which contributions by individuals and teams have to the success of Victory Farms. We work to create a fantastic environment for our employees. An environment where employees to have an opportunity to develop professionally and personally.
Please submit a CV and cover letter expressing your interest and qualifications.