Job Type: Full Time
Required Experience: 3 years
Company Name: Summit Recruitment & Search
Job Level: Mid level
Education Level: Diploma
Valid Until: 26th April 2021
Industry: Tourism & Travel
The successful candidate will be responsible to ensure that all enquiries received from agents and direct clients are handled in a timely and professional manner and converted into confirmed sales. He/she will also ensure that all services are booked accurately and will also assist in resolving client problems. Experience in the Touring Industry is a MUST!
• Process all reservation enquiries.
• Promptly confirm bookings, subject to rooms being available and within predetermined overbooking parameters.
• Make follow ups for provisional bookings and outstanding payments.
• Confirm waitlists as soon as space becomes available.
• Collect, update and clearly communicate all the necessary details concerning guest arrivals to the lodges on a daily basis.
• Respond swiftly and accurately to any lodge or accounts queries pertaining to guest details.
• Issue Reservations Summary/service vouchers to all fully paid up or credit clients prior to their arrival at the lodges.
• Arrange all processed vouchers/documents and ensure that they are carefully filed daily.
• Ensuring that maximum occupancies and revenues are achieved through upselling/cross selling, encouraging circuit bookings and offering alternatives.
• Ensure all Standard Operating Procedures are followed to maximize Sales e.g upselling, encouraging circuit bookings and offering alternatives.
• Ensure all Standard Operating Procedures and Best Practices are followed to make certain all guests’ and booking agents’ requirements are processed efficiently.
• Explore and offer solutions (in consultation with supervisors, where necessary) for potentially difficult inquiries.
• Diploma or Degree in Sales & Marketing from a recognized institution.
• Practical working experience of not less than 3 years in a Central Reservations office with a recognized hotel brand.
• Knowledge in the Hotel/Lodge Sales, Marketing, Reservations, e-Commerce.
• Knowledge in the key business segments such as Travel Trade is an advantage.
• Good computer knowledge.
• Excellent communication skills with a proactive sales approach.
• Ability to work accurately and effectively under pressure.
• Good presentation skills, self-motivated and competitive.
Monthly gross salary: Negotiable depending on skills and experience.
Position Level: Upper Mid-Level.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya.
Deadline: 25th April 2021.
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***