Company Name: International Organization For Migration (iom)
Job Type: Full Time
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. With 165 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants. IOM works to help ensure the orderly and humane management of migration, to promote international cooperation on migration issues, to assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, including refugees and internally displaced people. The IOM Constitution recognizes the link between migration and economic, social and cultural development, as well as to the right of freedom of movement.
Under the overall coordination of the Head of IOM Kenya Country Office and the direct supervision of the Programme Manager of Immigration and Border Management and close coordination with IBM National Programme Officer in Nairobi, the successful candidate will be accountable and responsible for assisting in the planning, coordination, implementation, monitoring and reporting on activities under Better Migration Management Programme within Immigration and Border Management Unit.Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Assist in implementing and monitoring all operational, logistical, and administrative aspects of IOM Kenya’s programmes on Immigration and Border Management (IBM), Counter Trafficking and Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration (AVRR) under BMM, in close coordination with the Programme Manager.
- Liaise with the government partners and local authorities, counterparts on the implementation of the projects including counter trafficking in Person Secretariat.
- Maintain the project-related correspondence and progress, technical reports, visibility and communication materials and other relevant background documents under Better Migration Management Programme
- Assist in drafting reports and formal correspondence and dissemination to relevant counterparts.
- Provide technical support to increase the capacity of relevant implementing partners engaged in the implementation of outreach, advocacy, and awareness component.
- Maintain, update and compile project documentation, including payment requests, Purchase Requisition, and similar routine project documentation for the projects.
- Represent IOM at the meetings and conferences relevant to the project in the region, as assigned by the Programme Manager.
- Maintain linkages and liaison with partner agencies and ministries, relevant to the project as directed.
- Organize and arrange conferences and/or training sessions related to the projects.
- Assist in drafting and developing new projects.
- Undertake duty travels related to the project implementation.
- Perform any other duties relevant as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Political or Social Science, International Relations, Law or any other related field from an accredited academic institution with 2 years of relevant working experience or Completed High School diploma from an accredited academic institution, with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Professional experience in project assistance or project implementation in international donor funded projects.
- Experience in contributing to drafting project documents and reports.
- Familiarity with issues of migration, immigration and border management and counter trafficking.
- Work experience in IOM, UN agency, non-governmental organization, or international organization is required.
- Extensive experience in liaison and cooperation with governmental authorities and UN partners is mandatory.
- Good level of computer literacy, including database applications.
- Previous work with migration issues and the ability to make adequate presentations.
- Experience working in hardship situations.
- Experience in Immigration and Border Management and Counter Trafficking projects would be an advantage.
- Experience in field level programme implementation and understanding Kenya borders would be an added advantage.
Fluency in both written and spoken English and Swahili is required.