Company Name: Mabati Rolling Mills Limited (mrm)
Job Type: Full Time
Skills: Market research, intelligence Brand management Trade policy Digital content development and editing (social media, blogs, etc.) Marketing
Language Skills: EnglishSwahili
Mabati Rolling Mills Ltd (MRM) is the flagship company of SAFAL GROUP, which is the leading manufacturer of flat and long steel products in Africa. Safal was incorporated to consolidate the operation of several allied companies in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Ethiopia, South Africa, Zambia, Angola and Malawi. The group’s companies have Galvanizing lines in Kenya , Uganda and Tanzania. We run the Aluminium -Zinc and Color Coating lines in Kenya, thus we are the first Company to implement the Aluminium-Zinc technology in Africa. In Kenya, the service centres are at Thika, Mombasa,Kisumu + Kisii.
Reference No: MRM-BS:24/09/2021Job Summary
MRM Building Solutions & Steel is seeking to recruit Product Marketing Officers. The candidate must have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision, demonstrate high integrity and professional ethics and make decisions on the role in a prudent manner.Overall Purpose of the Position:
To oversee the Product Management for a group of building solutions products and be responsible for Brand campaigns, product launches, and routine marketing activities. To grow market share, sustain positive brand health, support channels development in defined markets for the assigned products Key Performance Areas:Job Specification
- To run the Brand Management process for the Business Unit in terms of Brand Campaigns Marketing Communication, Product Positioning and Pricing Strategy, maximizing the product contribution and ensuring the required product penetration in the defined market segments.
- To coordinate, execute and measure all Marketing Communication programs like Advertisement campaigns across various Media ( Both mainstream and digital media), measure effectiveness and capture feedback on Marcom programs and implement focused Marcom program for various stakeholders like Architects, Building Engineers & Surveyors, Contractors and the Distribution Channel
- To oversee the long term product development plans, conduct timely review and ensure execution as per plans in coordination with other functional teams
- To provide the marketing support for all below the line sales programs like schemes, promotions, distributor signage’s, market conversion programs, exhibitions, industry meets and technical seminars
- To conduct Market Research and identify key trends in the roofing market and align the learning’s with product strategy
- To improve the Product contribution by market/ product up gradation and launching high-end differentiated product offerings.
- To develop Roofing Solutions through combination of product and service offerings and creating a differentiation with the competition
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or an equivalent
- MBA will be an added advantage
- At least 5 years relevant working experience with 3 years in a similar role
- At least 3 years’ experience in the Building Materials, Construction or related consumer industry
- MSK/CIM Membership