Company Name: Kenya Revenue Authority (kra)
Job Type: Full Time
The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) was established by an Act of Parliament, Chapter 469 of the laws of Kenya , which became effective on 1st July 1995 . The Authority is charged with the responsibility of collecting revenue on behalf of the Government of Kenya. A Board of Directors, consisting of both public and private sector experts, makes policy decisions to be implemented by KRA Management. The Chairman of the Board is appointed by the President of the Republic of Kenya . The Chief Executive of the Authority is the Commissioner General who is appointed by the Minister for Finance. PURPOSE OF KRA Assessment , Collection, Administration and Enforcement of laws relating to revenue.
Department: Corporate Support Services.
Division: Facilities & Logistics Services.
Location/Work Station: Times Tower Nairobi & other KRA Offices.
The job holder is responsible for installations and maintenance of operational Lifts, Escalators and their system.
Responding to mechanical failures and system malfunction
- Operation and control of lifts/Escalators and equipment system.
- Monitoring & keeping lift records.
- Liaising with contracted firm for prompt maintenance, repair and serving of lifts and escalators.
- Ensuring statutory inspection is carried out on time.
- Rescue and evacuation of staff & customers.
- Responding to and implementing audit queries on lift operations.
- Programing/enrolment of authorised staff to various lifts categories/classes.
- Provision of Daily/Weekly/Quarterly report on lifts operation & performance.
- Ensure cleaning of lifts is carried out appropriately.
- Troubleshooting-Determining causes of operating error and giving solutions.
- Keeping records of work done.
Academic and Professional qualifications
- A diploma in Electrical /Mechanical Engineering.
- Knowledge in lifts, escalators and hoists.
- Knowledge in biometric access control.
- Professional registration by a relevant and related body
Relevant work experience required.
At least 3 years’ experience in maintenance, repair and servicing of lifts and hoists.
- Public Safety and Security.
- Good analytical and problem Solving skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Integrity and honesty.
- Motivated, dynamic and dedicated team player.
- Computer proficiency.
- Analytical thinking.