Company Name: Kenya Revenue Authority (kra)
Job Type: Full Time
The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) was established by an Act of Parliament, Chapter 469 of the laws of Kenya , which became effective on 1st July 1995 . The Authority is charged with the responsibility of collecting revenue on behalf of the Government of Kenya. A Board of Directors, consisting of both public and private sector experts, makes policy decisions to be implemented by KRA Management. The Chairman of the Board is appointed by the President of the Republic of Kenya . The Chief Executive of the Authority is the Commissioner General who is appointed by the Minister for Finance. PURPOSE OF KRA Assessment , Collection, Administration and Enforcement of laws relating to revenue.
Department: Corporate Support Services
Division: Information and Communication Technology
Work Station: Nairobi
This role is responsible for Installation and configuration of databasaes, data backups and restoration, database monitoring and performance tuning and securing of databases.Key Responsibilities:
- Installs, deploys and configures database setups and software platforms.
- Monitors database systems performance and address potential issues to ensure services are available and running optimally;
- Carries out database changes and updates during deployments of application releases.
- Performs backups and recovery of data
- Implements relevant software updates and patches
- Implements procedures that will sustain database security
- Maintains documentation for all database instance parameters and system settings
- Performs appropriate database sizing activities and interface with Third Parties as required
- Provides technical assistance and subject matter expertise to Authority applications developers and testers.
- Executes data extraction for reporting as per user requests.
- Ensure conformity to ISO (9001:2015 and 27001:2013) and data security requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Electrical / Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications or any other IT related field.
- Certification in Database administration.
- Unix/Linux Certified Systems Administrator/Microsoft Windows
The following certifications will be an added advantage:
- COBIT 5
- Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence
- Web Application servers i.e JBoss , Oracle Weblogic
Relevant Work Experience
- Minimum of one (1) year hands-on experience in RDBMS installation, performance tuning and troubleshooting.
- Have working experience in Unix and Windows operating systems.
Technical Skills Required
- Demonstrable skills in management of enterprise databases on RDBMS like Oracle, Postgres, MySql and MS SQL Server.
- Demonstrate ability to diagnose and performance tune databases for optimal performance
- Proven experience in Programming/scripting languages such as SQL, PL/SQL
- Demonstrable skills to install and configure Linux/ Windows installations
- Ability to administer Web Application Servers i.e. Tomcat and JBOSS, Web Logic
- Knowledge of Business continuity management
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Ability to interact confidently with users to establish what the problem is and explain the solution
- Be proactive with good analytical and problem solving skills
- Team player
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Ability to prioritize competing work commitments and deliver on time
- Passion for innovation and creativity
- High levels of integrity
- Ability to work under minimum supervision