Medical Laboratory Technologists Jobs, Medical Jobs In Kenya, Marsabit County Jobs
Pursuant to County Government Act 2012, section 59 (1) (a) and (b), the County Public Service Board of Marsabit wishes to recruit competent and qualified person to fill the following position in the County department of health services.
CPSBM03/31/01/2020: Medical Laboratory Technologists– Job group H (17 posts)
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
- Conduct basic and molecular virology assays, interpret and document results using manual, automated or semi-automated lab machines.
- Standardized, calibrate and carry out preventive maintenance and basic troubleshooting on laboratory equipment and instrument.
- Receive samples and ensure that relevant support documentation is provided.
- Liaise with the study team in order to ensure that relevant samples are taken/provided, resolve discrepancies and to communicate results in line with laid down
- Participate in various QAQC, EQA, IQC and regulatory agency activities within the assigned section, including developing and documenting QC
- Prepare and collate results, update relevant databases and prepare reports as required.
- Monitor lab resources and inform relevant staff on the replenishment
- Manage and dispose of waste in line with laid down guidelines including segregation and use of specified waste disposal facilities.
- Continually comply with all laid down QMS guidelines/ standards/ SOPs and comply with all health and safety guidelines
- Be a Kenyan Citizen
- Have a Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences or any other equivalent qualification from an institution recognized by the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board
- Have a Registration Certificate issued by the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board.
- Have a valid practicing license from Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board
- Have a Certificate in Computer application from a recognized institution.