Company Name: Mhealth Kenya
Job Type: Full Time
mHealth Kenya Ltd is a registered limited liability company incorporated under the companies Act CAP 486 of the Laws of Kenya. We provide a critical needed link between public and private entities to support, improve, optimize and sustain provision quality health services in Kenya. mHealth Kenya has been a local implementing partner for the CDC Foundation in the country, overseeing and managing mobile technology projects in the health sector. We understand and embrace the power of Public Private Partnerships (PPP) and seek to leverage this potential for the benefit of public health. mHealth Kenya is the pioneer of mobile health technologies and initiatives bringing together a team of experts with a diversity of knowledge, experience, and a deep understanding of the Health sector. Our experience includes health information systems, health projects design and implementation, mobile and network communications technology backed by a strong experience in program funds management.
We are looking for a Lead Software Developer to support our team of developers working on the design and development of various technology products. S/he will work with a highly experienced and results driven tech team to design and develop software solutions in a fast-paced environment.Required Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related degree.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in enterprise-level programming and architecture experience with prior experience in a supervisory role
- Proven experience as a Full Stack Developer or similar role.
- Experience developing scalable and secure web and mobile applications.
- Experience with relational databases such as Microsoft SQL, MySQL and PostgreSQL, including designing schemas and query performance analysis. Experience in NoSQL databases is an added advantage.
- Experience in Web analytics implementations
- Extensive knowledge of multiple programming languages, libraries, and frameworks such as Java, Python, PHP, Android, React, Node.js,
- Should have experience configuring and managing web application servers
- Experience with Health information exchange standards
- Should possess excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Should demonstrate strong problem solving and technical skills.
- Should demonstrate knowledge of the trends in the software development domain.
- Should be able to work under minimum to no supervision and yet deliver quality results on time.
- Should be able to manage a team of developers with multiple skills set and manage day to day tasks of the team.
- Should be able to provide technical leadership on new innovations and technologies
- Should be able to provide reports of work implemented within the technical departments and make presentations of specific deliverables on need basis.