Company Name: Equity Bank
Job Type: Full Time
Equity Bank Limited (The “Bank”) is incorporated, registered under the Kenyan Companies Act Cap 486 and domiciled in Kenya. The address of the Bank’s registered office is 9th Floor, Equity Centre, P.O. Box 75104 – 00200 Nairobi. The Bank is licensed under the Kenya Banking Act (Chapter 488), and continues to offer retail banking, microfinance and related services. The Bank has subsidiaries in Kenya, Uganda, South Sudan, Rwanda and Tanzania. Its shares are listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange and Uganda Securities Exchange. Equity Bank was founded as Equity Building Society (EBS) in October 1984 and was originally a provider of mortgage financing for the majority of customers who fell into the low income population. The society’s logo, a modest house with a brown roof, resonates with its target market and their determination to make small but steady gains toward a better life, seeking security and advancement of their dreams.
Job Purpose (Job Summary)
The role holder will also interact with cross functional teams and stakeholders for the pursuit and implementation of new initiatives.
- Use research and analysis to find changes or opportunities in the market.
- Maintain an understanding of external competitive digital developments and their impact on our business and innovation strategy;
- Review trends and market disruptions; and search for emerging market opportunities.
- Manage the idea management process by reviewing idea, liaising with idea generators and progressing ideas through the idea management process.
- Organize and participate in internal and external innovation events.
- Proactively seek out new opportunities for The Group to offer new products / services.
- Watch the activity of our competition in Kenya as well as trends in the global financial industry then make recommendations on how The Group can improve customers’ experience.
- Use data about our customers to determine trends and gaps in our offering and make recommendations on improvements.
- Prepare and present proposals and business cases for new idea implementation to senior management/ Committee for feedback and recommendation Monitor progress of Idea Implementation, stakeholder management; prepare reports and communication for the same to ensure a successful roll out.
- Play a key role in building and managing strategic alliances and business partners.
- Stakeholder management to ensure the Bank’s strategic objectives relate to the digital agenda are met.
- Move each new approved idea through the project phase in conjunction with all stakeholders in the innovation process to logical conclusion.
- Ensure compliance with both internal and external regulatory requirements in the normal course of duty
- Maintain confidentiality of the Innovation Ideas in line with the Bank’s Non-disclosure agreements and best practices as required
- To safeguard and promote the bank’s image with the general public within the scope of duty.
Any other duty that may be assigned by the Supervisor
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s Degree in an accredited University
- Product development experience
- Masters in a Business related degree is an added advantage.
- At least 3 years’ experience in Banking
Work Experience and Skills
- Moderate to advanced skills in general computing
- Intellectual curiosity
- Adaptability and teamwork
- Customer centricity
- Excellent high quality interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills with the ability to network and develop strong relationships.
- Good communication skills
- Excellent analytical, writing and presentation skills
- Advanced Excel, PowerPoint and Word Skills
- Innovative, Proactive and Creative competencies
- Operational Excellence
- Proven excellent planning, organization and execution skills.
- Commercial and business skills
- Knowledge of the Group’s products, services and policies required to undertake the role