Company Name: Kenya Airways
Job Type: Full Time
The Graphic Designer will support Kenya Airways to communicate with its audiences through the execution of high-quality creative assets consistent with the brand. The role works within the organisation’s Communications and Corporate Affairs Department to package and compile key communication materials for purposes of advancing Kenya Airways’ objectives whilst safeguarding its interest and reputation.
The main responsibilities of the Graphic Designer will be to coordinate and arrange graphic design services for Kenya Airways. Other responsibilities include the following:
- Design and produce material for print, electronic and digital platforms and motion graphics, from concept through to final proof.
- To initiate, plan and implement creative designs while ensuring a seamless offline and online experience across all owned assets.
- Ensure a consistent look and feel across all communication touch points.
- Support the management of the company’s creative library, making sure the content is clearly labelled and well backed up.
- Create storyboards that depict scripts and narratives as per business briefs.
- Undertake any other duties as needed by the Communications and Public Affairs Department.
- Advise the relevant stakeholders on emerging graphic design strategies, which can provide business benefit.
- Contribute to create visual concepts that communicate the airline’s services and unique selling propositions.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending design workshops; reviewing professional publications; participating in professional societies.
- Interact with clients and business stakeholders to gather and refine requirements from a graphic design perspective.
- Diploma in graphic design, visual communication, or related field with 5+ years of working experience as a graphic designer in a busy company or advertising agency; travel or hospitality industry experience a plus.
- Proficiency using design software including Adobe Creative Suite and others. Photography skills will be an added advantage.
- Experience in planning and developing social media content for corporate brands.
- Experience managing social media assets in an advertising agency or busy organization.
- Creative copywriting, photography and editing knowledge an added advantage.
- Possession of creative flair, originality and versatility in translating and executing requirements into design tasks.
- Ability to work on short notice and tight deadlines, with minimal supervision.
- Time management skills and the ability to cope with several projects at a time