Company Name: Ankole Grill
Job Type: Full Time
Named after the beautiful, ancient, iconic cattle breed of East Africa, the Ankole Watusi, we aspire to bring you a unique African steak – house experience! We invite you to be part of our team by submitting your application to the following role based in Nairobi.
Main Purpose & Scope The Job
The Food & Beverage Controller will be responsible for calculating, managing trading margins for the F&B (Food& Beverage) and generating accounting / control reports for effective decision making.
The incumbent will work in close collaboration with the General Manager, Executive Chef, Restaurant Manager, Lead Food & Beverage Controller and the Management Accountant to continuously build and sustain an effective Cost of Goods model, and control systems within the value chain to ensure the processes are within the operating budgets.Responsibilities:
- Prepare, generate on a monthly basis reports for distribution to the Management Accountant and concerned Heads of Department.
- Participate in planning daily salvage, control and usage of usable left over food items.
- Continuously review and furnish current portion cost information to the General Manager, Restaurant Manager and Executive Chef, so that they can adequately price menus.
- Monitor cost control for staff meals and calculate the cost of employees’ meals each month
- Takes regular bar stocks and produce bar stock take results.
- Maintain a perpetual inventory of the beverage store room.
- Maintain daily records of cost, potential sales and actual sales, investigate any significant variances.
- Cost requisitions and direct issues on a daily/weekly/monthly basis to produce a Daily Food Cost Report and Beverage Cost report.
- Analyze actual cost vs budget and share the red flags on the variances for effective decision making.
- Control the stores by ensuring accuracy of inventory, stock control and the pricing of good received.
- Maintain an up-to-date list of all costs, prices and ensuring all the cost / prices measurement controls are within budget and advice of any deviations.
- Responsible for ensuring optimal inventory holding and ensures the SLOBs (Slow Moving Obsolete) inventory cost is at minimum and no carrying forward of obsolete and expired stock.
- Responsible for inventory reconciliation i.e. physical stock with the stock in the system and advising management on the root cause of deviations (if any).
- To undertake the function of stock taking and confirm the periodic stock on a regular basis by working closely with the designated process owners.
- Check and ensure that no material is issued out from the store without requisition or approval from the respective department head.
- Check the menu pricing on the POS systems and ensure the correct prices are loaded.
- Make periodical checks on the value of the restaurant food as compared to posted food totals including carry out spot checks on bin cards.
- File food and beverage reports; review trading margins and performance reports daily, weekly and monthly with management.
- Ensures that monthly inventory of food, beverage, cutlery, crockery, glassware, cleaning materials, re-saleable, empties, linen, stationery, and disposable is taken and computed.
- Preparation of data for presentation in the finance meeting.
- 3 years’ experience in the hospitality industry in a similar role preferably in a 4 star or 5 Star establishment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance / Accounting / Commerce
- Working knowledge of financial principles & F&B controls
- Working knowledge of Inventory & POS Systems – Micros Fidelio / Materials Controls is preferable
- Administration and leading high effective teams
- Good computer skills: MS Excel, MS Word. Receiving Software, Inventory system QuickBooks & Micros POS
- Hospitality certification is a plus,
- HACCP and hygiene training
- Excellent personal hygiene and grooming habits.
- Customer service oriented with a lively, energetic, and outgoing personality.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented.
- Strong safety and hygiene awareness