Company Name: Nairobi Waldorf School Trust
Job Type: Full Time
The 1st Steiner-Waldorf Kindergarten opened in 1998… …in a small house along the Magadi Road on the outskirts of Nairobi. It was led by 3 teachers from Germany (Florian, Vojko and Irmgard). The following year the school moved to Mbagathi extending the kindergarten to a 1st Grade primary class. The Mbagathi Steiner school continues to run successfully; now a fully fledged kindergarten and primary school known as the Rudolf Steiner School, Mbagathi, transitioning their children successfully into Kenyan Curriculum Secondary schools. In 1994 a new Waldorf Kindergarten opened its doors in a beautiful residential suburb – the Kileleshwa Kindergarten.
Reporting To: The Pedagogical Chair
Job Purpose: To teach and educate learners according to the curriculum and the education needs, abilities and attainment of potential of individual students.Roles and Responsibilities
- Planning, preparing and delivering lessons to all students in the class.
- Teaching according to education needs, abilities and achievement of individual students and groups of students.
- Adopting and working towards the implementation of the school development plan.
- Assessing, recording and reporting on the development, progress, attainment and behavior of student’s to parents and relevant officials.
- Contributing to oral and written assessments, reports and references relating to students.
- Complying with arrangements within the national framework for the appraisal of student performance.
- Promoting general progress and wellbeing of students.
- Providing guidance and advice to students on educational and social matters and on their further education and future careers; providing information on sources of more expert advice.
- Communicating, collaborating and consulting with other members of school staff, including those having posts of special responsibility and parents/guardians to ensure the best interest of students.
- Reviewing and evaluating his/her own teaching and learning strategies, methodologies and programme in line with the school and national curriculum.
- Advising and collaborating with other teachers and school officials to prepare and develop courses to study, teaching materials, teaching programmes, methods of teaching and assessment.
- Ensuring high standards of professional practice and quality of teaching in his/her classroom.
- Participating in education and training courses as well as continuing professional development.
- Maintaining order and discipline among students and safeguarding their health and safety at all times.
- Participating in staff, parent and student meetings.
- Ensuring the safe custody, use and periodic maintenance of equipment used during lessons.
- Monitoring attendance of students in class.
- Any other assigned duties.
- A Bachelors Degree in Education (English and French).
- A Diploma will be considered
- Must be registered with Teachers Service Commission (TSC)
- A certificate in Waldorf Education is an added advantage
- At least 5 years ‘experience in teaching
- Demonstrated computer skills
- Clear English writing and communication skills
- Demonstrated love for the subjects
- Flexible and open to change.