Company Name: Kis
Job Type: Full Time
Responsible for planning, preparing teaching and learning materials and executing appropriate activities for the
children each day according to the curriculum, schemes of work and lesson plans.
- Organizes and provides developmentally appropriate early childhood education programs; plans and
implement curriculum and education for children ranging in age from two to Eight years old.
- Provides activities and opportunities that encourage curiosity, exploration, and problem solving appropriate to the developmental levels and learning styles of children.
- Plan and prepares classroom setting; oversees safety and educational programs; supervises children in the
classroom; provides a supportive environment in which children can learn and practice appropriate and
acceptable individual and group behaviors.
- Interacts with parents and community groups; maintains open and cooperative communication with parents
and families, encouraging their involvement in the program and supporting the child’s family relationships.
- Writes and compiles individual assessments of each child’s development; completes daily inventories, child
attendance, and related reports.
- Participates in teaching undergraduate and graduate early childhood education labs, as appropriate.
- Participates in research programs concerned with improvements in early childhood teaching methods, as
- May lead, guide, and train staff/pupil employees, interns, and/or volunteers performing related work; may
participate in the recruitment of volunteers, as appropriate to the area of operation.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Degree/ Diploma in ECDE from Kenya National Examination Council.
- Registered with TSC.
- Must have experience and training in CBC.
- At least 2 years relevant experience in ECDE and particularly in the new curriculum.
- Proficiency in English & Kiswahili; both written and spoken.