Director General Jobs, Current Director Jobs, CAK Jobs
- The Communications Authority of Kenya is the regulatory authority for the communications sector in Kenya.
- Established in 1999 by the Kenya Information and Communications Act, 1998, the Authority is responsible for facilitating the development of the Information and Communications sectors including; broadcasting, multimedia, telecommunications, electronic commerce, postal and courier services.
This responsibility entails
- Licensing all systems and services in the communications industry, including; telecommunications, postal, courier and broadcasting.
- Managing the country’s frequency spectrum and numbering resources. Facilitating the development of e-commerce.
- Type approving and accepting communications equipment meant for use in the country. Protecting consumer rights within the communications environment.
- The Director General shall be the Chief Executive Officer and secretary to the Board of the Authority and shall bear the responsibility for the day-to -day management of the Authority.Reporting to the Board of Directors, the
- Manage the day-to-day business of the Authority.
- Serve as Secretary to the Board of Directors.
- Provide overall leadership to the Authority.
- Develop and recommend to the Board, the Authority’s strategic plans, work plans and annual operating budgets.
- Establish proper internal control systems and procedures.
- Foster and maintain effective communication between the Board and Management, all levels of staff and between the Authority and external Stakeholders.
- Act as the principal spokesman of the Authority on administrative matters.
- Ensure continuous improvement in the quality and responsiveness of ICT regulatory frameworks.
- Ensure industry stakeholders comply with the regulatory frameworks.
- Ensure continuous achievements of the Authority’s mission, vision, operating goals and objectives.
- Maintain a conducive work environmentthat attracts, retains and motivates skilled and talented employees.
- Foster a corporate culture that promotes implementation of ethical and good corporate governance practices.
- Ensure compliance with the laws of Kenya.
- Any other responsibility as may be necessary to achieve the Authority’s objectives.
- The successful applicant should possess extensive leadership and managerial experience of at least 15 years, 10 of which must be at a senior managerial level.
- He/she must also possess a postgraduate degree in a relevant discipline and must be affiliated to a professional body.
- The ideal candidate should also demonstrate in-depth knowledge and experience preferably in a regulatory environment.
- Appointment to the position will be on contract for a term of four (4) years, renewable once, subject to satisfactory performance