Company Name: Africa Nazarene University (anu)
Job Type: Full Time
Africa Nazarene University is an American private Christian University in Nairobi, Kenya, and an affiliate of The Church of the Nazarene Colleges and Universities around the world.
The University seeks to engage a suitable and qualified candidate for the following position
The Director will be expected to be well versed with University policies in general, have access to various corporate forums and keep up to date with the emerging online learning issues.
He/she will be responsible for managing and coordinating online learning in the University in line with CUE Universities Standards and Guidelines.
The position reports to the Deputy Vice Chancellor, Academic and Student Affairs.Key Responsibilities
- Develop and implement policies, procedures and standards of effective delivery of online learning.
- Oversee training of instructors and students in the use of online learning technology, methods and procedures.
- Oversee development of instructional materials and products development.
- Monitor quality and compliance of courses offered online by ensuring that ANU and CUE standards are adhered to.
- Provide monitoring reports and quality assurance feedback.
- Coordinate online learning on ANU’s Learning Management System (E-Naz.)
- Coordinate online exams through an accredited exams proctoring system.
- Liaise with marketing to promote technical or marketing information about online learning.
- Coordinate research, monitoring and evaluation on the utilization of online learning services.
- Assess effectiveness and efficiency of instruction according to ease of instructional technology use and student learning, knowledge transfer, and satisfaction.
- Manage the technical resources, such as course management and video conferencing systems, networking, and webcasting, for online learning programs.
- Establish linkages with relevant external institutions and individuals to support online learning at ANU.
- Select, direct, and monitor the work of vendors that provide products or services for online learning programs.
- Share latest trends and developments in the area of online learning to faculty and staff through seminar, workshops, internal communication and other forums.
- Develop and monitor the department annual plan and budget.
- Mentor, coach and supervise subordinate staff.
- Provide technical advice and reports to management when required.
- For PhD holders: Minimum of eight (8) years of relevant experience, with at least three (3) years in a managerial position.
- For Master’s degree holders: Minimum of ten (10) years of relevant experience, with at least three (3) years in a managerial position.
Skills and Competencies
- Executive disposition, and demonstrate high levels of integrity
- Ability to develop long term integrated and cross-functional operational plans
- Ability to operationalize strategy into action for the function
- Ability to sell the vision of the university
- Business/Financial acumen, business savvy, innovative
- Highly tech savvy with advanced knowledge on data management
- Strategic management skills
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Organizing and planning skills