Company Name: Safaricom Kenya
Job Type: Full Time
Safaricom is a leading communications company in Kenya with the widest and strongest coverage. The home of the famous Mobile Money service- M-PESA
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Digital IT Department within the Technology Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below:
Reporting to the Manager Channels Solutions, the role holder is responsible for planning and 3rd line support of Safaricom’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) ranging from user analysis, design and development to implementation and maintenance.Key Responsibilities:
- Conduct business user requirements analysis and specification.
- Specify computer system requirements for the solution of complex business problems and formulates designs for their solutions.
- Perform the necessary technical design and development functionality to ensure that business application systems can be effectively developed and implemented
- Design and development of front-end tier(s), middle tier(s), and /or back-end database tier(s) for business applications. Capturing of business applications information needs and mapping of the same to the software and /or database components.
- Performs data modeling to analyze and specify data structures within an application system.
- Create test plans, test data sets and perform automated testing to ensure all components of the developed systems meet specifications
- Work directly with the IT support personnel and teams to resolve issues identified and escalated during daily operations.
- Perform root cause analysis for recurring incidents.
- Formalize test plans and implements troubleshooting procedures.
- Research and provide input on design approach, performance and base functionality improvements for various procedures and applications.
- Generation of ideas to improve efficiency in software and application services offered to the business, and/or generate revenue for business
- Participation and membership in various technical fora for the purpose of increasing the collective knowledge base of the team.
- BSc or MS in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field.
- 2 years development experience with Java, PHP, C++, C# ,Python
- At least 2 years solid experience in front-end development with working knowledge of at least one front-end framework — React, Angular, Vue
- 2 years development experience with RDMS preferably MySQL, MariaDB, Oracle etc. Experience in NoSQL databases is an added advantage
- Experience with Scrum and other Agile processes
- Experience in Business Systems modeling and data retrieval
- Unix/Linux user skills.
- Working knowledge of Jira, Git/SVN, Jenkins
- Experience in the design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills.