Company Name: Cic Insurance
Job Type: Full Time
CIC Insurance Group Limited, commonly referred to as CIC Group, is an insurance and investment group that operates mainly in Kenya, Uganda, South Sudan and Malawi.PURPOSE:
The role will be charged with the review, design and improvement of the Compliance Framework within the CIC Insurance Group. The role provides compliance oversight from a Group wide perspective and must be competent in regulatory requirements in the financial industry with a vast experience in Insurance compliance and exposure to Fund and pension Management.
Expansive knowledge and demonstrated experience with relevant applicable regulations / compliance practise including Data Protection Act, Unclaimed Financial Asset compliance, Anti Money Laundering (AML), and Counter Terrorist Financing (CTF), Tax Compliance, regulatory Filling/ reporting requirements and standards (Local, Regional and International) in the Financial industry will be required.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review and Designing of a Compliance framework for the Group complete with monitoring and reporting mechanisms.
- Provide high quality Compliance advice to Business and Support functions on applicable internal policies, laws and regulations
- Ensure Regulatory compliance and flag areas/ issues of non-compliance
- Liaising with relevant regulators and as required from time to time manage regulatory inSspections.
- Ensure all regulatory applications, returns, fillings and correspondence are done.
- Management of anti-money laundering and know your client Policies, procedures, systems and reporting.
- Reviewing existing controls and their alignment to regulatory requirement and adherence to internal procedures and processes
- Evaluating the efficiency of controls and improve them continuously
- Revising procedures and processes periodically to identify hidden risks or non-conformity issues
- Review of products and the product development process to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Research on emerging compliance Issues.
- Draft and present for approval (Internal and external) operational policies to assist in compliance with laws and regulation for management approval.
- Register and communicate written approved policies and procedure across the organization.
- Preparation of training materials and the delivery of training to staff.
- Report to middle and senior management on the compliance deficiencies
- Bachelor’s degree in law, business administration, or Finance.
- CISA/CISI/CRM, CISM, Progress in CPA
- Minimum of six (6) years’ relevant experience.
Skills and Attributes
- Strong knowledge of industry processes and regulations.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities.
- An analytical mind-set with excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Team player adaptable to fast-paced and changing environment and eager to learn.
- Ability to manage tight processes, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with the appropriate discretion and ethics.
- Ability to dive into the details and develop greater understanding of the CIC Group wide compliance requirement.
- Excellent time management skills – Be able to organize and meet monthly, quarterly and annual deadlines for multiple regulators.
If you have the aforementioned professional and academic qualifications and you are ready to execute