Company Name: Fahari Gardens Hotel
Job Type: Full Time
- Should be a Kenyan citizen 30 years and above
- Should posses a diploma or higher in Food Production-Learning on the job is also acceptable
- Should have worked at the same post for 4 years and above.
- Determine how food should be presented, and create decorative food displays.
- Determine production schedules and staff requirements necessary to ensure timely delivery of services
- Estimate amounts and costs of required supplies, such as food and ingredients.
- Inspect raw and cooked food products or supplies, equipment, and work areas to ensure conformance to established standards, and, arrange for equipment purchases and repairs.
- Instruct cooks and other workers in the preparation, cooking, garnishing, and presentation of food as well as demonstrate new cooking techniques and equipments to staff.
- Monitor sanitation practices to ensure that employees follow standards and regulation- Health certificates for kitchen staff.
- Aid in the recruitment of staff, i.e., cooks and other kitchen workers.
- Plan, direct and analyze recipes to assign prices to menu items including coming up with new menus, based on food, labor, and overhead costs.
- Meet with customers to discuss menus for special occasions such as weddings, parties and banquets.
- Meet with sales representatives in order to negotiate prices and order supplies.
- Prepare and cook foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
- Collaborate with other personnel to plan and develop recipes and menus, taking into account such factors as seasonal availability of ingredients and the likely number of customers
- Record production and operational data on specified forms and books.
Candidates invited for interviews will be required to present both originals and clear copies of the following documents: National I.D, KRA PIN Certificate, Current Colored Passport Photo ,NSSF Card, NHIF Card,Valid Certificate of Good Conduct ,Academic and Professional Certificates.
Only online applications will be accepted. Applications should include the job title applied for on the subject, a cover letter, recent CV with three professional referees and copies of academic certificates.