Company Name: Watu Credit Limited
Job Type: Full Time
Watu Credit Limited is a dynamic and fast-growing non-bank finance company. Watu Credit Limited harnesses technology to offer unsecured lending, primarily via mobile services. We aim to become the leading African provider of a broad set of inclusive financial products, delivered through technology in a fast, efficient and professional manner.
The Call Centre Manager will lead the day-to-day management and supervision of the Call Centre activities in line with the business objectives. This role is suitable for someone who has proven success in improving customer satisfaction through the efficient running of a call centre, is passionate about improving the lives of entrepreneurs in Africa, and is eager to join a fast-paced credit firm with huge potential for growth and impact.Main Responsibilities Of The Job:
Managerial / Supervisory/ Operational Responsibilities or roles:
- Set and maintain the highest standards for call center operations, including but not limited to training, performance management, and issue resolution.
- Spearheads continuous development and revision of materials such as Call Center Scripts, FAQs, and training manuals for call centre representatives.
- Plan, prioritize and delegate tasks to ensure the proper functioning of the call centre.
- Conduct effective resource planning to maximize the productivity of resources (people, technology, etc.).
- Train, coach, and mentor Call Center Representatives to serve our customers in a way that results in an extraordinary customer experience.
- Answer Representatives’ questions, guide them through difficult calls or issues and handle issues directly that cannot be handled adequately by the Representatives.
- Lead and track escalation across departments for resolving any new or challenging issues.
- Collaboratively set daily, weekly and monthly targets for Call Center Representatives that align with business objectives and set KPI targets.
- Monitor performance of the Call Center Representatives and identify and implement approaches to continuously improve efficiency, productivity, and customer experience.
- Monitor accuracy of customer log reporting, analyze and communicate call center statistics e.g. # Issues opened by type of issue, # Issues resolved positively/negatively, resolution timing and call wait times, # Calls made/received, # SMS’s sent, etc.
- Prepare monthly KPI reports
- Prepare and communicate regular reports on vital insights gathered from the calls that will enable various departments to improve processes or other aspects that affects the customer experience.
- Spot check calls for quality assurance.
- Conduct performance appraisal of the Call Center Representatives.
- Any other duty that may be assigned from time to time.
Minimum level of academic qualification, skills, and knowledge required to perform effectively in the role:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or equivalent
- A minimum of 2 years experience as Call Centre Manager
- A minimum of 5 years experience in customer service.
- Knowledge of performance evaluation and customer service metrics.
- In-depth knowledge of customer service principles and practices as well as customer service software, databases, and CRM tools.
- Experience with customer surveys/monitoring and evaluation (measuring service performance)
- Proficient in Excel or G-Suite and call centre equipment/software programs.
- Outstanding verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills with a problem-solving ability
- Highly detail-oriented
- Highly quantitative – you are a data-driven decision-maker.
- Able to inspire and advocate internally and externally.
- Possess a high sense of integrity and confidentiality.
- Positive and patient with a pleasant personality, self-driven, and able to work under minimum supervision.